BSPG requirements and installation
- a PostgreSQL database (>= 7.2.3)
- a web server supporting PHP, possibly Apache (>=1.3.12)
- the PHP interpreter itself (>= 4.3.0)
- optionally you may need also a Microsoft Powerpoint COM or DCOM server (that's simply Windows with Powerpoint installed), as BSPG exports Strategy maps and Actions/Objectives correlations to .ppt files
- runs on any OS, from linux to Windows
- Microsoft Internet Explorer was the originally supported browser, but IE6 on XP SP2 seems to have problems with session cookies ^, and won't open correctly new windows ^.
- an optimal view requires Wingdings3 ^ font installed on clients.
- download BSPG ^, composed typically by 2 parts:
- db (PG)
- web side (PHP)
- create a new PostrgreSQL db, called
balance_test and a new user, called
- import the schema and data for this new user
- test the db, with something like,
psql balance_test balance
- see eventually the db install-notes
- unzip part 2 to a new directory inside your web server's
- fix your
php.ini compatibly with this (still need register_globals on)
- point with a browser to your web server's new BSPG directory (redirects to
- ...that's all: you should see a working BSPG demo environment.
More detailed instructions about the installation can be found here. Post on the forum for further help.